Kevin Craig is the author of young adult novels and adult-themed novels featuring young narrators. He lives in Toronto, Canada. His poetry, fiction, and plays have been published and produced internationally. Kevin is a member of the Writers’ Community of Durham Region. He was also a founding member on the Board of Directors for the Ontario Writer’s Conference.
Kevin Craig is represented by Stacey Donaghy of Donaghy Literary Group:
Awards & Achievements
- 2014 Muskoka Novel Marathon – Honorable Mention for Young Adult Novel The Book of Your Dreams
- 2013 – Kevin was a Playwrights’ Mentoring Project Recipient for the 2013 InspiraTO Festival. He had two 10-minute plays produced at the festival in Toronto, Ontario at the Alumnae Theatre.
- 2012 – Kevin was shortlisted for the WCDR Whispered Words Prose Contest. His story, Sun’ll Come, appears in the anthology
- 2011 Muskoka Novel Marathon – Best Young Adult Novel Award for That’s Me in the Corner
- 2010 Muskoka Novel Marathon – Best Young Adult Novel Award for Half Dead and Fully Broken. (Also won BIC award and ROCKSTAR award)
- Awarded Fellowship to attend Summer Literary Seminars – 2010/2011
- Top 10 Finalist – WCDR Wicked Words Prose Contest (Dec 09) – Honorable Mention for Rabacheeko.
- 3rd Place Winner – Words Alive Memoir Contest (2009)
- Awarded Fellowship to attend Summer Literary Seminars – Kenya (2009)
- 2008 WCDR Member of the Year Award
- 2008 Muskoka Novel Marathon – Best Adult Novel Award for The Reasons. (Also won BIC award)
- 2007 Muskoka Novel Marathon – Best Adult Novel Award for Sebastian’s Poet. (Also won BIC award)
- Artella Words & Art Poetic Idol Competition Winner: August, 2006 and again in August, 2007.
- Artella Words & Art Poetic Idol: 2nd place in the April, 2006 competition.
- 2006 Absolute Write Mother’s Day Poetry Contest: 2nd Place
- 2006 Great Canadian Winter Novel Marathon: Most Prolific Writer Award
- 2003 Mocha Memoirs Poetry Contest: 1st Place Winner
Kevin has had five plays produced by Driftwood Theatre, for their TRAFALGAR24 PLAY CREATION FESTIVAL:
- 2009 – PANIC IN THE BASEMENT
- 2010 – MAID OF HONOUR
- 2011 – THE SPEECH
- 2012 – ACRONYMS FOR HAPPINESS
- 2014 – THE HISTORY OF US
Kevin’s other produced plays include:
- 2010 – THE SILVER DISK – As part of the Uxbridge Celebration of the Arts 25-Hour Masterpiece Gala
- 2013 – PERFECT TIMING – As part of the main stage show in the InspiraTO Festival at the Alumnae Theatre in Toronto
- 2013 – WALK-INS WELCOME – As part of the neighbourhood performances in the same InspiraTO Festival season
Contact Kevin at kevintcraig @ hotmail dot com